Tretyakov Gallery is a collection of Russian art number one in Moscow. We are going there not just to see the paintings, we are going to dive deep inside Russian history.
Find out why Catherine the great didn’t love her son, why Peter the great put his own sister into prison of Novodevichy Convent in Moscow, why Ivan the Terrible killed his own son. We will unveil secrets of famous russian artists and we will tell you more legends.
On our entertaining and superintelligent art tour you will learn:
- a story of success – who was Paul Tretyakov before the Gallery
- which painting was bought for the gallery specially by Vladimir Putin
- why the owner of the gallery removed the signature from one of the most famous paintings
- where the most valuable icon of Russia is
- which painting was considered a cursed painting of the gallery
- who was Russian Van Gogh
- which painting took 20 years to be completed
- whose painting made Moscovites stand in line for 10 hours in order to see his exhibition
- what is the difference between classical and realistic art
After the tour of Tretyakov Art Gallery we will go to Muzeon – another cultural space of Moscow. You will see monuments of Soviet time and will hear stories about Soviet period of Russian history. In the end of the tour you will be able to take wonderful photos of renovated Krymskaya embankment.
We’ll make sure you will get unbelievable experience of Russian history!